August 19, 2013

things I love (a road trip!)


Last weekend I had a day off and an itch to get out of the heat (hello 113 degrees!)...so my dad and I packed up the car for a quick road trip north to a place I've been dying to visit. 

Historic Route 66 is home to all sorts of quirky gems, but I've had the Wigwam Motel in Holbrook, AZ on my mind since I first saw photos of it. 


$58 and a 3.5 hour drive got us our very own concrete teepee for the night, complete with a slanted wall bathroom/shower and a tv.


We wandered around, enjoyed the only movie playing in town, and took a quick drive to explore Petrified Forest National Park (gorgeous and eerie and moon-like). 


It was just as weird as I hoped it would be, and definitely worth the trip! 

love.lauren


























SHARE:

1 comment

Hey...you over there! Tell me what you think!

© love.lauren | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig