December 31, 2011
May 2, 2011
If you've read any of this at all, you know that I have a love affair with Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros.
At the McDowell Mountain Music Festival these guys poured their passion for music into a show that was truly a blessing to witness.
April 20, 2011
The Railroad Revival Tour came to Tempe, and changed my life. Three folky bands (Old Crow Medicine Show, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros and Mumford & Sons), and old timey train from NorCal to NOLA...
And a night of music that won't be easily forgotten. Ever.
April 14, 2011
March 22, 2011
March 14, 2011
February 15, 2011
January 24, 2011
This month I said farewell to my BFF, who moved to Seattle for work. It took my girlfriends and I five days before we packed our bags and headed to the northwest for a visit from the welcome wagon. Seattle, despite the weather, thoroughly impressed me. Here's a few of the greatest places where we ate, shopped, and made new friends.
- Pike Place Market (obviously!)
- Etta's Seafood - I get the impression that Tom Douglas is a local legend, with restaurants on nearly every corner. Etta's is the perfect spot for some delicious seafood (we nearly died from a food coma after eating the crab cakes!). Snag a seat by the window for some prime people watching, gorgeous water views, and a warm escape.
- Quinn's - Yummy and quirky. Just the way we like it!
- Unicorn - Circus meets fabulous. There's nowhere else like it...
- Toulouse Petit - Bringing a little NOLA to the Northwest. Hands down the best meal of the weekend.
- Bathtub Gin & Co. - If you're lucky enough to find this place, make sure you stay for a while. Hidden in a quiet alley behind a tiny, nondescript door, expect to be questioned by the other patrons about how you ended up there.
January 19, 2011
January 1, 2011
I love New York City. With all of my heart. I love it even more because for quite a while, it took care of one of my favorite people.
Here's a little story about a Thanksgiving trip I took to visit my sister in the big city.
© love.lauren | All rights reserved.