March 15, 2013

adventures in pasta making.


I was feeling adventurous last week and decided to try my hand at pasta making. Nothing fancy, just something I could make with my hands and a couple ingredients (since my kitchen tools are still pretty sparse!). I saw a delicious Mario Batali recipe and my mom was coming over for dinner, so I figured what the heck. 

MAKING the dough is super easy. Flour, water, BAM. 






SHAPING it into what I wanted was another story. Orrecchiette is meant to resemble little ears. Mine were more like Frisbees, but they were still delicious! 







Add a bunch of kale (instead of the broccoli rabe) and some spicy Italian sausage, and you've got a treat. 


I'll definitely try it again. Practice makes perfect! 




love.lauren 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Hey...you over there! Tell me what you think!

© love.lauren | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig