January 11, 2014

places I love (a thaitastic adventure).


I've been to some pretty great places. 
But there's something really special about Southeast Asia. 

I'm not sure if it's the wonderful, friendly people you meet, 

the intoxicating smells (good & bad) that you don't get anywhere else, the food (OH the food...) or the scenery. 

Maybe it's just that it's a place unlike any other I've ever been in my life. 


After visiting Vietnam a few years ago, I knew I'd be back. I HAD to be back. 


When my sister suggested we meet in Bangkok for the holidays, it didn't take much convincing. 


When her friend Meagan decided to come too, I was excited to share one of my favorite parts of the world with someone new. 


When we painstakingly worked to convince my best friend she needed to be there, it was perfect. 


And so we went. 


And it. was. wonderful. 


We ventured to every corner of the beautiful country. 


On planes, trains, motorcycle sidecars, long tails, speed boats and even three hour long taxi rides. 


We trusted strangers to help us. 


We ate. Oh we ate. VN's banana pancakes, pad thai, a few accidental chilis, papayas, rogue quail eggs. 


We got drunk on sunshine and sand (and maybe a little singha.) 


There were elephants. And tigers. A few frogs. Bugs. BUGS. 


We played cards, shared laughs. Got lost and found new corners to explore. 


We rang in the new year in an old, wooden wat with hundreds of candles and monks. 


We made wishes and resolutions on lanterns and sent them off into the night. 


We swam in rivers, under waterfalls, in the bluest, clearest water you'll ever see. 


On our last day on Phi Phi, our favorite waiter quietly asked us not to forget Thailand. 


To do such a thing would be impossible. 


Because we had all fallen in love. With a country. With it's people. With this big, beautiful world. 


love.lauren 


here are a few (okay, a lot) of my favorite photos. video to come soon! 








































SHARE:

1 comment

Hey...you over there! Tell me what you think!

© love.lauren | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig