November 16, 2019

places I love // sisters (in DC)


Still coming through with the very late recaps. Nonetheless, back before the world flipped upside down, I headed east for the weekend to see my favorite sister, watch my favorite band + eat my favorite ice cream. 

The Avett Brothers were playing at Wolf Trap, one of the most beautiful venues I've ever been in. That, combined with it's very close proximity to my favorite human on earth, and off I was.  Quite possibly the only National Park with a music venue in it, few things feel better than sitting on a perfectly angled grassy hill enjoying a picnic you packed before hearing a band you love. It's perfect. 

Beyond my dream music experience, we headed out to Virginia wine country and watched the sunset with pizza slices and rose´ in hand at Stone Tower Winery, fought crowds for incredible breakfast sammies and decor made up of exclusively Drake photos at Call Your Mother, stopped at Milk Bar for the requisite cereal milk ice cream, had one of the best meals there ever was at American Son + worked from the Wing DC, where I continued to beg them to open an outpost in my town.  

DC, top resident aside, you are always a good time and I'm so lucky to get to visit.

























SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Hey...you over there! Tell me what you think!

© love.lauren | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig